Monday, May 18, 2009

Act I

The plot is very how should I say this... "thick" it's full of problems for the main character Nora, she is very frivolous and has many problems which she has to fix while going against her husband. In my opinion she is digging herself deeper and deeper into trouble. Nora struggles to fix debt and she seems to be air- headed and frivolous, she takes on more problems like getting Mrs. Linde work. Similarly to people during this recession and she is unable to handle herself. She is like a child she treats life like a doll house playing with her children and being oblivious to life's problems and pushing things off. Her life is all over the place it's hard to explain her.
Now her husband Torvald reminds me of Caesar he this he is doing his best for the family while he is betrayed by family. Nora is similar to Brutus thinking that they are doing the best for their loves even though it may not be morally correct. Lastly, Krogstad is similar to Cassius spoiling Brutus (Nora) and causing pain to Trorvald.
Act I is a little "strong" it isn't very gradual it jumps right into it. We first meet the couple Torvald and Nora. Torvald is very stingy about money and as stated before Nora is frivolous. He guards her, he is slightly dominant over Nora. Although, behind his back she saved his life but in the process borrows and forges which would cause Torvald to incredulously gasp.

1 comment:

  1. I belive that Mrs. helmer is an not trustworthy in so many ways. She always seems to care for herself more than other people and I can agree that she is a child taking cation to the wind in everything she is doing
    - Amanda Jones

    ReplyDelete